Board of Directors
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Pedro Garrido-Castillo, PhD
Jonna Hopwood, Esq.
- Sets Strategic Direction: The Board sets strategic direction, consistent with the mission. It is responsible to make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Represents the Community: The Board represents the community, as defined by the Board. It gathers input from the community about their needs, and ensures effective communication and transparency about the organization’s mission, values, direction, program and finances.
- Ensures Stewardship of Resources: The Board has fiduciary responsibility for the organization. It ensures that resources are used for the long-term mission of the organization. It approves the budget and monitors finances to ensure accountability. The Board ensures that the funds generated are adequate for the budget, which may involve fundraising, as determined by the Board.
- Ensures Program Quality and Impact: The Board monitors the organization’s program to ensure culturally responsive, high quality services and outcomes.
- Sets Policy and Monitors Compliance: The Board sets governance policy, monitors compliance with organizational policies and with all funding and legal obligations.
Join Our Team!
Are you interested in serving our mission by becoming a member of the Casa team? Casa Esperanza is looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented human service professionals.