Board of Directors
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Meet our Board of Directors
Casa Esperanza, Inc.’s Board of Directors provides leadership oversight and works with our Executive Team to support Casa’s Mission and Values. Casa’s Board represents the communities we serve, determines our strategic direction, stewards resources, ensures program impact, and sets governance policies. The Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring Casa’s programs and services are in compliance with internal and external requirements and that patients receive exceptional care across all of our programs and services.
Pedro Garrido-Castillo, PhD
Senior Loan Officer
Carlos Cappas, PsyD, MBA
Chief Behavioral Health Officer
Judith Lischetti, LICSW
Maria Torres, PhD, LMHC
Assistant Professor, School of Social Welfare
- The Board sets strategic direction, consistent with the mission. It is responsible for making decisions that are in the best interest of Casa Esperanza and the communities Casa Esperanza serves.
- The Board represents the communities Casa Esperanza serves, as defined by the Board. It gathers input from the communities we serve about their needs and ensures effective communication and transparency about the organization’s mission, values, direction, program development, and finances.
- The Board has fiduciary responsibility for Casa Esperanza and affiliated legal entities. It ensures that resources are used for the long-term mission of the organization. It approves the budget and monitors finances to ensure accountability. It also ensures that the funds generated are adequate for the budget, which may involve fundraising, as determined by the Board.
- The Board monitors Casa Esperanza’s programs to ensure culturally responsive, high quality services and outcomes.
- The Board sets governance policy, monitors compliance with internal and external policies, and with all funding and legal responsibilities to ensure Casa Esperanza’s long-term success and stability.
Sets Strategic Direction for Casa Esperanza, Inc.
Represent Casa Esperanza’s Communities
Ensure Stewardship of Casa Esperanza’s Resources
Ensures Program Quality and Impact
Sets Policy and Monitors Compliance
Join Our Team!
Are you interested in serving our mission by becoming a member of the Casa team? Casa Esperanza is looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented human service professionals.