Patient Support Services
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
- Intensive case management to help clients secure essential resources and access a range of services and support;
- Peer Recovery Coaching, offering a rich source of experience-based guidance on recovery to help clients build a long-term community of support;
- Wellness services, including health promotion groups, tobacco cessation support, and yoga;
- Education and employment services, including support identifying vocational goals, linkages to education and training opportunities, and resume development, job-hunting, and interview support;
- Sober social activities;
- Family support services, including psychoeducation for family members to facilitate increased family support and connection;
- Leadership opportunities, including access to leadership and empowerment training and participation in Casa Esperanza’s Community Advisory Board (CasaCAB)
For individuals in recovery, facing clinical and mental health issues are only the first steps to successfully reintegrate into the community as well-rounded and productive individuals. The ability to socialize, communicate, and present one’s self in a positive light to employers and others is essential. Casa’s Peer Services are designed to promote self-sufficiency and the skills needed to achieve these goals.
The success of previous program graduates helps to perpetuate a small, informal network of individuals who advocate for clients still in early recovery, to share the chance they were once given to start the path to economic independence. Likewise, clients are also encouraged to pursue volunteer opportunities, leadership and empowerment training through the CasaCAB and become active participants in CasaCAB activities and services, helping clients to build skills, confidence, and a sense of purpose as the build community and support their peers.