This post is also available in: English (Inglés)
Director of the Institute for a Healthier Community, South Boston Community Health Center
Chief Financial Officer, Community Servings, Inc.
Vice President, Boston Private Bank & Trust
Pedro Garrido-Castillo, PhD
Director of Family Services, Brookside Community Health Center
Resident Psychiatrist, Harvard Longwood Psychiatric Residency Training Program
Casa Esperanza Graduate
Jonna Hopwood, Esq.
Director of Addiction Services, Value Options – Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership
Executive Director, Casa Esperanza, Inc.
- Sets Straight Direction: The Board sets strategic direction, consistent with the mission. It is responsible to make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Represents the Community: The Board represents the community, as defined by the Board. It gathers input from the community about their needs, and ensures effective communication and transparency about the organization’s mission, values, direction, program and finances.
- Ensures Stewardship of Resources: The Board has fiduciary responsibility for the organization. It ensures that resources are used for the long-term mission of the organization. It approves the budget and monitors finances to ensure accountability. The Board ensures that the funds generated are adequate for the budget, which may involve fundraising, as determined by the Board.
- Ensures Program Quality and Impact: The Board monitors the organization’s program to ensure culturally responsive, high quality services and outcomes.
- Sets Policy and Monitors Compliance: The Board sets governance policy, monitors compliance with organizational policies and with all funding and legal obligations.